Thursday, December 7, 2006

Shaved and Naked?

I was still hyper despite the fact that I haven’t sleep yet. Happy that I am, I YM-ed each and everyone I saw in my list specially those who stayed with us. Sharing my kakulitan and all. Then I heard the news…

You’re now bald.

WHAT?!?

It was Pancho* who told me. I didn’t believe him at first. Because at 4AM, when we were all saying goodbyes, you still have hair! I even touched it before that. Complimenting that it’s nice and long. I even remember telling you way, way back then to cut your hair. Brave enough to comment that you look nice with your old short hair. But you replied to mind your own business, well, I wish it was a joke. But I was just being honest… perhaps too honest.

I remember you, the first time we met… you were wearing a baseball cap, seemed harassed for that event you were organizing… short, nicely clean-cut hair was peeked under the cap. After that, I never thought our paths will cross again. Until now…

Sigh…

I dunno what term is right… shaven, bald, hairless…… whatever!

I am shocked, no! Happy… no! Surprised… I really don’t know how and what I am feeling. I got used to seeing you in ponytail. I got used to greeting you and then stroking that tied, pulled back hair of yours. Am I assuming that you listened to me? I really don’t know.

I had to confirm from another person in your office. Peaches! Yes, Peaches! I was talking to her too. She knew. She’d be honest. And she confirmed. And I YM-ed you… you were still joking around. And asked you why, you just said lately you’ve becoming hot-headed and all. Ummm… I answered “literally and figuratively speaking?” You acknowledged with a wink. I demanded to see you over webcam.

And there you are, long-hair gone.

No comments: